I made this “Just for You” card using the “Botanicals for You” stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalog. It’s one of the sets that you can get free with a $50 order! This card my entry for this week’s Mojo Monday card sketch challenge.
I used the new Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add some sparkle to the “Just for You” stamped words. I absolutely love this new glitter tool and will probably start adding glitter to everything now! I really love that this method of adding sparkle is mess-free!
Since this card is a square shape, it will probably cost extra to mail it. I hate having to pay extra postage, but I really do love square-shaped cards!
Here are instructions on how I made it:
– Cut a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock to 5″ x 10″. Score at 10″ and fold in half to form card base.
– Cut a piece of Birthday Bouquet DSP measuring 4-3/4 x 4-3/4 and attach to front of card base.
– Cut another piece of Mossy Meadow card stock to 4-1/4 x 3
– Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 4 x 2 3/4
– Stamp Just for You image on Whisper White piece using Watermelon Wonder Ink.
– Layer stamped image with Mossy Meadow piece.
– Cut one strip each of Watermelon Wonder card stock (I was out of Watermelon Wonder CS, so I actually used Calypso Coral card stock) at:
3/4 x 3
1 x 3
1-1/2 x 3
– Trim the ends of the Watermelon Wonder pieces to form a banner shape on the ends and adhere to card base toward the bottom.
– Attach the stamped image that is layered with the Mossy Meadow piece to the front of the card, toward the left side.
– Use a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to trace over the words of the stamped image.
– Stamp 1 large flower and 2 small flowers on Whisper White card stock with Mossy Meadow Ink. Cut out flowers.
– Attach flowers to upper left corner of card and place a rhinestone in the center of each.
Here are a couple of other variations of this card using different paper and colors